The Youth Employment Agency creates jobs for the youth via modules. These give the Ghanaian population a great avenue for earning a source of living. They are as follows:
- Youth in Community Service and Security: This programme augments the human resource capacity of Ghana’s security services.
- Youth in Community and Health Assistants: This module seeks to provide employment opportunities for Ghana’s youth by supporting health services in hard-to-reach communities.
- Youth in Sports: This programme aims to train youth in different sports development management.
- Youth in Entrepreneurship: The primary aim of this programme is to equip the youth with relevant expertise and skills to create new job opportunities.
- Youth in Paid Internship: This module targets youth that seek exposure in their profession to boost employability.
- Youth in Agriculture and Afforestation: Gives the youth opportunities in the agricultural sector and related businesses.
- Youth in Sanitation and Coastal Assistants: The module gives the youth employment opportunities in the sanitation sector.
- Community Teaching Assistants: The program creates employment opportunities for the youth via agricultural and related businesses.
- Youth in Apparels and Textiles: This module trains the youth in the art of textile and garment making to make them employable in the fashion industry.
- Industrial Attachment: The objective of this module is to provide graduates with hands-on experience to earn them more skills in their professions.
- Youth in Information Communication Technology: This programme intends to give the youth relevant information technology knowledge required in the labour market.
SALARIES FOR BENEFICIARIES
Every beneficiary of this government agency’s programs ought to receive some allowances referred to as the YEA salary. This is only for those that are verified and have satisfied all requirements put forward by the Youth Employment Agency.
Ordinarily, beneficiaries fill be YEA timesheet. The monthly sheet is available at the official YEA portal for download. In the form, individuals should fill the days worked in a month as well as their E-zwich and mobile money numbers.
Additionally, beneficiaries are meant to access the Youth Employment exit fund that is paid in bulk. This pack age is based on the number of months that the beneficiary has worked and been paid.
This exit package amount is usually deducted from the youth’s monthly allowances and is supposed to be paid at the end of their contracts as exit funds. Although many have been confused about the YEA exit fund payment, the management team has, over time, come out clearly on the terms of engagement and what it means.
You are probably wondering whether YEA provides beneficiaries opportunities to renew. Although not always, the Youth Employment Agency gives individuals in some module’s re-engagement opportunities after a thorough review of their work.
Source : newsnowgh